Tradtional Onboarding vs. Modern Consumer Experience
At this point, HR is keenly aware that onboarding is critically important, but fundamentally broken. Unfortunately, rather than facing the issue head-on and making it an urgent task, a majority of organizations allow outdated onboarding to impede new hire progress and disengage otherwise enthusiastic employees.
- 36 percent of organizations do not have a structured onboarding process in place
- Some 76 percent of HR leaders say onboarding practices are underutilized in their organization
- 57 percent believe that the lack of bandwidth for people managers is a barrier to improving the onboarding process
With culture and employee experience being a top organizational priority, you’d think that businesses today would want to invest time and energy in the number one key to retaining and engaging talent.
A modern onboarding experience that provides smooth and comfortable transitions leads to greater employee engagement, better performance and self-confidence, and ultimately, higher retention.
Effective onboarding provides a competitive advantage to organizations willing to invest in it, and additional benefits that range from:
- Engaged, confident employees
- Greater efficiencies and higher productivity
- Low employee turnover
- Contributes to meeting revenue targets
- Reduction in errors/accidents
And when onboarding doesn’t go right, what’s the impact? Not having any process in place can cause a number of negative consequences for both the employee and employer including:
- Low employee morale and confidence
- Low engagement and trust within the organization
- Missed revenue targets
The answer is a modern, automated onboarding system that creates a smoother workflow, boosts engagement, improves employee and company performance, reduces risk and error, and saves HR dollars.
Not sure where to start? We can help.